And, they’re called Trump Tower, Mar Largo, and, rather sadly, The White House. The places where some of the most vile, corrupt, racist, and disgraceful people on the planet occupy. A place where disrespect, sexism, lying, corruption, and treason are rampant.
For as much as people didn’t like George Jr., not even the news media was blatantly disrespectful. Sure everyone made fun of him, considered him stupid and just some rich kid out of touch with middle class reality, but I can’t recall things like this happening.
Trump’s lack of respect for most everyone, unprofessionalism, lack of statesmanship, inability to treat anyone with dignity, not to mention his outright contempt – for anyone who doesn’t treat him like a kind has created this atmosphere.
He has made this type of behavior alright. Bullies are back on the rise, people have a sense of “fuck you – I’ll do whatever I want, and the lack of common courtesy for our fellow citizen is, well, more common.
But at the end of the day it’s not alright. We need a statesman back in office. Someone we can look up to. Someone we can respect. Someone we can all get behind and be proud to call our leader. And until we do, there will be a lot more of this.
I believe any good far left wing liberal, anarchist, socialist, communist, etc could make a strong argument that the reason why Republicans, well – rich conservatives anyway, continue to deplete budget funds for education is to dumb down the middle class and move it into the “working slave class” of uneducated, unskilled workforce. Thus, enabling them to continually take away worker’s rights, worker’s safety, and worker’s pay and enrich themselves.
One would have to wonder what the motive is of the rich Republican donors behind wanting to repeal the AFFORDABLE Care Act? Now, I’m not indicating the ACA is without need for improvement. There are many things that need to be changed. This first is to really make this a free market system where all health care insurers can offer their policies in all states. This would drive down costs and increase the quality of the policies due to a true competitive market place.
So, what is it? Do the far right conservative, bible belt, wealthy Republicans really hate Obama so much that they’ll do anything to chip away at his Presidential Legacy? That CAN’T be it. It has to be something else. Again, what is it? (Spoiler alert, its what its always about, money.)
If you were to research via Yahoo or Google you’ll find the following:
- It was about $1.8 trillion estimate in new health care spending and allegations that Medicare and Medicaid funding would have to be cut. This would exposure the elderly to an inability to afford health care. COMMENT: considering the law has been in place long enough to evaluate this claim, it is clear it is not true. Further my argument above is that all you have to do is open the market to drive down costs further.
- Millions would lose coverage. COMMENT: Oddly, this had some sway to it, especially in California. And certainly there were huge computer gaffs in trying to get people signed on but this argument turned out to be baseless as well.
- We wouldn’t be able to keep our doctors as the exchanges would narrow the number of doctors they had to deal with. COMMENT: this is a free market issue. Under the current system the market is limited to a certain number of providers thus they have to control costs by cutting back services. See my free market argument above.
- The law increases the cost of health care coverage. COMMENT: That’s just a bullshit argument from the first word. Everyone who gets health care from his employer sees the yearly contribution from the employer decreasing and the employee payment per month increasing. See my free market argument above. Also, employees need unions and collective bargaining negotiators. BRING BACK THE UNIONS.
- The law created fines and penalties if you don’t have coverage. COMMENT: I agree with that one. I never really understood that one. If you are either poor or working at minimum wage and can’t afford the health care costs, how can you afford fines and penalties.
- The enrollment process is a wreck. COMMENT: If we had free health care for all American tax payers and their blood relative dependents, we would all be enrolled – FOR FREE.
- Super rich families would enjoy a nice tax cut if the act is repealed. COMMENT: Ah, so this is what it is really all about. Why am I not surprised Trump and the super rich are so hot on repealing the act. Because for the act and for my ultimate solution discussed below to work, the super rich might have to pay more in taxes or they won’t be able to write off their yacht expenses and golf memberships. It’s all about the continued enrichment of the rich at the expense of the middle class and working poor. Oddly, I find some of my fellow middle class Republicans in favor of the repeal. It shocks me as to why this can possibly be.
So, what’s my overall answer. Indeed – REPEAL THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT AND MAKE HEALTH CARE FREE IN THE UNITED STATES like they do in Canada, England, and Europe. Why is American the only advanced civilized country without free health care (unless you’re a Senator, member of Congress, or President)? And, don’t get me started on free education!!
I’ve been seeing a lot of posts about “venting” and “not being ashamed” so in response to those who “offer no apology” for supporting him. I’m gonna vent too.
I’ve also lived during the same presidential time periods you mentioned. But, none of us, including you, can remember anything through from the early 60s to the Nixon Administration and I doubt you have any recollections of political happenings until, maybe, Clinton. So knock off your bullshit.
Although presidents are scrutinized all the time, the reason why you’ve never “seen or heard” of anything like this before is BECAUSE of what comes out his mouth. It is he who humiliates members of the public and the press; it is he who threatens to hurt people – well, that might be too strong, but he does use language and phrases encouraging violence against those who speak out against him; and stop crying for his “children”. His “children” are adults and part of his administration. One of them is a traitor who tried to collude with our enemies and outright sought their “information” on the other candidate.
Don’t be ashamed of your fellow countryman, be ashamed of the man who has no ethics, no manners, no semblance of statesmanship, no credentials nor ability to lead our nation. Be ashamed of the boldness and uneducated comments you make in his support. Be ashamed of your outright disregard and lack of recognition of the TRUTH. Be ashamed of your “interpretations” of what he says – oh, he was only kidding; oh, what he says in public isn’t how he really feels – no, he means what he says.
I find it hypocritical for you to criticize members of the media for lying (Side note, those who do should be fired. Someone should start a fake news section and have these trouble makers listed one by one.) when your guy outright lies almost everyday, and gets caught doing it.
If it is your contention that every other president wasn’t on the news 24/7 then you simply fail to realize your guy gives the press and comedians material every day. He is on social media everyday. Hey, I’ve got an idea – stop your foolish Twitter posting and get to running the country.
He has no filters, he has an inability to ignore the petty, almost childish arguments he gets himself into. He has a shockingly high level of immaturity.
He is disrespected because he is disrespectful. His administration is a joke and people from other countries outright laugh at us when we visit their country. I was just in Canada and someone actually laughed when I said where I was from.
You say enough is enough, I agree -enough is enough. He needs to be removed from office due to his incompetence and unstableness. Hopefully the 25th Amendment will relieve this country of the danger this man puts us in every day.
“You people just need to get over it – you lost!!!!” That seems to be the anthem of the Neo-Nazis, alt-right, KKK, rebel flag waving wannabes. What they don’t seem to realize is that I didn’t lose anything. Maybe the person running in the election lost, but I have nothing to do with that. I wasn’t “on the team”.
And, the hilarious thing is, it is THEY, who have to get over it. Not only did they lose, we kicked their ass. First in the mid 1860’s and then in the mid 1940s. Joe Blow Americans drew a line, took a stand, and said, “We’re going to stop you”, and we did. Complete, unconditional surrender was secured from the white supremacy clowns and Nazis in real wars !!!!
Now I can just barely, and I’d have to choke on it, understand the rebel South’s gonna do it again attitude. Maybe someone’s great grand father fought in the Civil War and served with distinction, but I don’t know of one single person remotely related to a WWII vet who support the Neo-Nazi bozos.
At the end of day, there is a huge difference between the populations held under suppression in the 1860s and 1930s – 1940s – today we have a well armed opponent (the American population who participate in their 2nd Amendment Rights) who will stand up to the alt-Right, KKK, Neo-Nazis violent ways and meet them head on in the street.
Unfortunately, there are signs that the leader of the current administration revels in internal discourse under the belief that infighting, back stabbing, and only the strongest survive creates a strong business. But, that doesn’t work in real life. All it will do is create a civil war. And, it won’t be a matter of only strongest survive. It will be an open invitation for all of our enemies to walk right in and start cutting up pieces of the American Pie.
One side says it’s “size” is bigger than the previous. The other side thinks this nonsense is newsworthy. One side says it is going to hold the other accountable. The other side sits there and cowers without retort. And, we, really the only ones who should count, still await real leadership from one side and real informative news from the other. And by the way, there is only one group that is going to be holding the other two “accountable” and that’s us.