In the middle of my New Year Clean Out I stumbled across an old note book with some thoughts I wrote down from reading various articles in 2012 and 2013. Most of it was hype but there were some tidbits of good stuff there. Here is some of it.
Make your own happiness. That is, you and you alone are responsible for your own happiness. Sure, someone can do something to make you sad but genetically, we aren’t pre disposed to making ourselves sad. However, we are solely responsible for putting ourselves in positions where we create happiness.
Remain calm in the face of adversity. I know that remaining calm assists you in thinking and reacting more clearly than when crazed.
Don’t worry about what you can’t control. If you think you’re going to lose your job, for example, due to layoffs, worrying about it doesn’t help. Rather, start looking for another job while you have a job.
Don’t over think issues and create scenarios. Unless you need to have B and C plans based upon contingencies.
Try not to be hypersensitive. We have too may politically correct people as it is. Never mind the “oh, I’m offended by a Christmas song written over 50 years ago”.
What others think about you does not define who you are.
Self Motivation Items
- Have a cause.
- Have a dream. Imagine how your world will be in the future.
- Be hungry. Your desire must be absolutely compelling.
- Run your own race. The only one to really beat is yourself and how you did yesterday.
- Take one more step. Have the courage to continue.
- Let go of the past. Finish each day be done with it. You have done what you could.
- Live fully in the present moment.
- Stay confident. Think Dean Martin.
- Take pride in your work.
Speaking of confidence…
- Dress sharp
- Walk fast
- Good posture
- Have a personal commercial
- Gratitude – what are you thankful for in life.
- Compliment others
- Sit in the front row
- Speak up and contribute
- Have a high personal perception of yourself
- Fake it – Always display a positive attitude.
Happy New Year 2019