I believe any good far left wing liberal, anarchist, socialist, communist, etc could make a strong argument that the reason why Republicans, well – rich conservatives anyway, continue to deplete budget funds for education is to dumb down the middle class and move it into the “working slave class” of uneducated, unskilled workforce. Thus, enabling them to continually take away worker’s rights, worker’s safety, and worker’s pay and enrich themselves.
One would have to wonder what the motive is of the rich Republican donors behind wanting to repeal the AFFORDABLE Care Act? Now, I’m not indicating the ACA is without need for improvement. There are many things that need to be changed. This first is to really make this a free market system where all health care insurers can offer their policies in all states. This would drive down costs and increase the quality of the policies due to a true competitive market place.
So, what is it? Do the far right conservative, bible belt, wealthy Republicans really hate Obama so much that they’ll do anything to chip away at his Presidential Legacy? That CAN’T be it. It has to be something else. Again, what is it? (Spoiler alert, its what its always about, money.)
If you were to research via Yahoo or Google you’ll find the following:
- It was about $1.8 trillion estimate in new health care spending and allegations that Medicare and Medicaid funding would have to be cut. This would exposure the elderly to an inability to afford health care. COMMENT: considering the law has been in place long enough to evaluate this claim, it is clear it is not true. Further my argument above is that all you have to do is open the market to drive down costs further.
- Millions would lose coverage. COMMENT: Oddly, this had some sway to it, especially in California. And certainly there were huge computer gaffs in trying to get people signed on but this argument turned out to be baseless as well.
- We wouldn’t be able to keep our doctors as the exchanges would narrow the number of doctors they had to deal with. COMMENT: this is a free market issue. Under the current system the market is limited to a certain number of providers thus they have to control costs by cutting back services. See my free market argument above.
- The law increases the cost of health care coverage. COMMENT: That’s just a bullshit argument from the first word. Everyone who gets health care from his employer sees the yearly contribution from the employer decreasing and the employee payment per month increasing. See my free market argument above. Also, employees need unions and collective bargaining negotiators. BRING BACK THE UNIONS.
- The law created fines and penalties if you don’t have coverage. COMMENT: I agree with that one. I never really understood that one. If you are either poor or working at minimum wage and can’t afford the health care costs, how can you afford fines and penalties.
- The enrollment process is a wreck. COMMENT: If we had free health care for all American tax payers and their blood relative dependents, we would all be enrolled – FOR FREE.
- Super rich families would enjoy a nice tax cut if the act is repealed. COMMENT: Ah, so this is what it is really all about. Why am I not surprised Trump and the super rich are so hot on repealing the act. Because for the act and for my ultimate solution discussed below to work, the super rich might have to pay more in taxes or they won’t be able to write off their yacht expenses and golf memberships. It’s all about the continued enrichment of the rich at the expense of the middle class and working poor. Oddly, I find some of my fellow middle class Republicans in favor of the repeal. It shocks me as to why this can possibly be.
So, what’s my overall answer. Indeed – REPEAL THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT AND MAKE HEALTH CARE FREE IN THE UNITED STATES like they do in Canada, England, and Europe. Why is American the only advanced civilized country without free health care (unless you’re a Senator, member of Congress, or President)? And, don’t get me started on free education!!